Thursday, September 16, 2010

Weigh and Measure Day - Month 3

Yesterday was W & M day with the trainer!  Ms. All-star and I have been putting up with each other for almost three months (surprisingly neither of us has killed the other, YET)!  It's amazing how different I feel by doing more than just cardio at the gym.  The other day she was whining about having to do so much cardio and not having enough time for all the "fun" stuff.  I would much rather do cardio and pretend the "fun" stuff doesn't exist.  However, I will be the first to admit before her my idea of strength training was lifting the kitty liter carton (it does weigh 25lbs) once a month!  I am really glad I have her around to make me do all the "fun" stuff!  Heck, I can even sort of balance now and that blows my mind, well until I trip over the flat floor. 

So without further ado....
I weighed in at 226 pounds!  That is a lose of 6 lbs for the month and 1% body fat!  It is also 3, count 'em, 3 lbs from 100 total.  Woo hoo!  Something to strive for next week or realistically the following week!  I lost almost an inch around the middle and various fractions of an inch in other places.  I am pretty happy with my progress.  The results have slowed down but I notice my clothes fitting better or in the case of my pants this morning not at all!  Suckers fell right to the floor!!!  I also love that despite the bat wings my arms have some definition.  I can actually see a muscle there, who knew?  My calves are also pretty hot, lol!  It's so much fun to see other people's reactions and hear all the praise.  I can soak it up for days!  :P 

My wish for everyone struggling with their weight is that they reach the point where they feel good about their bodies.   It doesn't matter what size you are at that point, just that what you see in the mirror no longer makes you cry and instead puts that smile on your face! 

7 comments:

  1. I don't do nearly enough strength training. I have been doing the shred, but know that I need to do more than just that! I am a cardio girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to love it when your pants fall off all by themselves! Keep up the strength training, it's fantastic. I'm going to start doing it again next week... can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You give me inspiration to pick up my weights! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit those weights girls! It's all for the greater good!! Think about all the extra calories you can burn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally made the visit! Love the blog, and congratulations on the loss and feeling good. Looking forward to getting there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Miss E!! Baby steps! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are certainly an inspiration!

    I did strength training for about 2 months and it kicked my butt! I felt like calling in sick Tuesday and Thursday nights so I wouldn't have to go (and then felt like calling my mom for a doctor's note).

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete