Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So this girl walks into the gym...

...and somehow managed to spend 3 hours there last night.  Only one of those actually working out!  But it was all good because the extra time revolved around learning a new program that will track all the necessary weight loss information to help me succeed.  It does everything by calories and I'm not used to counting them.  It's a foreign concept to me.  I am so used to figuring out points!  For now, I plan to track both ways and figure out what actually works best for me.  Ms. All-star likes it because she can spy on her clients at any time...well our food journals anyway!

So before I get called out for not reporting the "best part" of the gym extravaganza, I'll poke a little fun at myself.   I managed to show up with a left and a right shoe, just not the same pair of shoes.  Needless to say my lovely trainer made sure the entire gym was aware (or at least the ones who bothered to listen)!  The combo was a bit uncomfortable and my feet hurt this morning.  I will definitely pay closer attention when packing my gym bag from now on.  

I rode a spin bike for the first time last night.  I only did it for like 10 min and that was freakin hard.  Wow, people actually do that for an entire class.  Bless them!  However, it was fun!  Although not nearly as entertaining to watch as my circuit training, where I flail around and try to decapitate Ms. AS, sometimes intentionally and sometimes accidentally!

It is nice to know that my efforts are starting to show up.   Every day someone will tell me that I look better and thinner!  I like getting the attention.  There was a point in my life where I preferred to be invisible.  The less people looked at me the better.  When you are morbidly obese you never get your wish; everyone stares at you.  You feel like a circus side show.  Each day is a struggle to just get out of bed and put on the armor to protect against the looks and the comments.  It is amazing how much confidence can come from shedding some weight and figuring out who I am on the inside.  I am starting to really like the new me!  

Until tomorrow!   

2 comments:

  1. Go you!

    Ugh, I did spinning for a while. I felt like I wanted to/actually might die for 60 minutes every single class. But does wonderful things for the tushie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited that I've seen you 2 days in a row!! Thanks for the continued support my friend!

    ReplyDelete