Friday, July 23, 2010

Hooray for Friday!

Yesterday was my day off from the gym!  I use Thursdays to recoup and make up time at work.  I did take Moses on a long walk, well until he laid down and dug in those little paws.  Wimp!  Since he wasn't any help to get me steppin, I pulled weeds and watered all the plants.  I still need to sweep the patio but damn it is too hot.  

I was talking to a dear friend last night that is on this same journey.  She has done amazing things so far and I am really proud of her.  We were discussing how our lives have been put on hold because of our commitment to losing weight.  Right now, I spend tons of time in the gym and not with my peeps.  It's frustrating that so much time and effort has to be devoted to the cause.  However as frustrating as it is, being fat is detrimental to my life.   There will be a point when I can find a routine that let's me maintain a healthier weight.  But I'm not there yet.  So for now, I can't do all the those fun things during the week because my priority is me and turning my life around.  The weekends will have to suffice until I'm a better me! 
   
In the category of really great news:  My mom saw her oncologist yesterday and she is still kicking butt!  She will be 11 years cancer free next week!  I am still amazed by the medical miracles that saved her life.  When she was diagnosed with Stage IV NH-Lymphoma, I was prepared for the worst but after loads of chemo and a stem cell transplant, she's won that battle and every battle since then.  I love you mommy!! 

3 comments:

  1. Brigitte,
    I and my husband also are on a weight control path. He is making more progress. Of course after an open heart surgery he is committed. I am doing all the same stuff he is doing but my results are not as impressive. I need to increase my activity. I am in-spirit with you. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, Welcome! It is a long journey and you just have to keep at day by day. Men always lose weight faster due to muscle. Don't let that discourage you. You can do it!! I wish you great success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way. I try to go on walks with friends and do active stuff...it's how I found that I burn a ton of calories shopping! It's hard though when you want to do things like go to movies (which for me are like a mecca of temptation and a few hours of total inaction)...but like you said, this is so important now and later there will be an awesome balance of feeling great and having fun with everyone else!

    ReplyDelete