Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm a losing machine

I apologize for the lack of update yesterday.  I was so exhausted after my high workout on Tuesday night that I went straight to bed.  Then work was super busy yesterday.  Although, it turns out to be a good thing because today's post is so much better!!  No one really wanted to hear me complain about running, right? 

Last night, I weighed and measured with Ms. All-star!  OMG I f'n rocked those measurements!  I've had great months before but nothing close to this one!  I remember in the very beginning losing 10lbs and being super excited!  Well this month has superseded that excitement by a 100%.  I weighed 240 (why can't all scales read the same).  I've lost 17lbs of fat and gained a 1lb of muscle!  There is a 1-inch difference in chest, waist and hips!!  I can't remember neck, thigh and arm.  I gained a 1/2-inch on my calves.  Woo hoo!  

It is nice to know that all the effort has been worth it.  I know some days that working out was the last thing I wanted to do but I did it.  I figured something was better than nothing.  I am sure Ms. AS has wanted to strangle me when telling me to push and keep going.  All the hard work has paid off though!   We have a long way to go but we are off to a great start!

My eating this week has been erratic.  I am not sure how nice the scale will be to be on Saturday.  I've been under on points/calories.  I also haven't been hungry.  I am eating because I know I should but not enjoying it.  I've only really cooked once and that needs to change.   I did make a super yummy veggie:

Roasted Fennel with Asiago 
1 large Fennel bulb or 2 medium ones
2 Tbsp Asiago cheese
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1/8 tsp salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400.  Cut the fennel bulb into slices.  Place fennel, oil, salt and pepper into a Ziploc bag to mix up ingredients.  Roast on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan for 12 min.  Mix in the cheese and bake for an additional 12 min or until tender.

  
I have never had fennel and it smelled so good roasting.  It tasted good too!  Make sure you get the slices tender those are much better than the crispy pieces!  I served with stuffed chicken breast (already prepared).  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Those are some sweet stats for this week!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo hooo! Isn't it great to know that you rule the world? At least, that's how I feel when I have a successful week like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the support! This success is actually for the past month. I would be a little worried if that had been a week!! :) Those are still some impressive weeks for me!

    Destiny, Welcome to my little world.

    Suzi, I don't think I properly welcomed you! So WELCOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I love fennel!! And I can't believe that loss - you are beyond amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fennel now too!! I try! :) But it wasn't easy that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete