Thursday, December 6, 2018

Week 8 update

Quick update:

It has been 8 weeks since I started on my journey.   I weighed in on Monday (12/3/18) at 300.8 pounds.  SOOO close to being under 300.  That is 35.4 pounds gone since I started.  I am pretty proud of that.  It is amazing what making better food choices and more importantly eating proper portions can do. 

But caution: I wasn't feeling 100% and ate much less than normal.  So....

I assume I will even out after a week of normal eating! I mean 5 pounds in a week at this point is a bit crazy so I know my system was out of whack.  Hopefully, I didn't shock it too much!  LOL

I was originally supposed to run a half in Kiawah Island, South Carolina this weekend but I am finally starting to feel better and the adult in me won out.  Traveling could compromise my already low immune system.  No need to risk more illness or prolonged illness.  It sucks and I hate missing time with friends but I am listening to my body! 

I had planned all my meals up to getting on the plane.  Canceling my trip means there is no food in my fridge.  So I went online and tried out Walmart's pick up.  I was very anti-pick up.  I love wandering through groceries stores and looking for new things.  However, I have to tell you it was pretty amazing.  Pulling up this morning and having them put it in the car and not having to fight people or go be around their illnesses was worth it!  And it is FREE!  They were out of something I wanted so I do have to stop and grab it but at least that will be a quick grab. 

The progress picture:

Left: Sept 2018       Center: Nov 2018      Right: Dec 2018

1 comment:

  1. Brigitte you look amazing!! Sorry you're under the weather tho, probably a wise choice to take it easy this time. You will kill it next time.

    ReplyDelete