Monday, December 31, 2018

Food effect

Happy New Year friends and family!!

I hope the holiday season has treated you all well.  Santa was very good to me.  After all, I was an angel this year.  Stop laughing.  No really! The horns may hold up the halo but it is still there!

I made it through Christmas with a loss.  So that is still a check mark in the win column.  However, I made cookies and ate some of these cookies.  I had my first migraine in months thanks to the sugar.  I have felt awful all week and realized while I stood in my kitchen eating said delicious cookie that it was my cause.  I don't regret eating them but I will be glad when the holidays are over and back to my strict diet! 

It is amazing that when given the proper nutrition our bodies are magnificent machines.  I didn't realize how much foods like sugar and bread where bothering my system until I kicked them to the curb.  I was listening to a podcast about the keto diet and the effect it has on hormone balance.  It made me really think that what I was eating caused me to feel awful.  I just assumed my headaches were always stress related but now having gone 11 weeks without one it seems pretty clear they were an intolerance to food. I am trying to be more attune to my body and what it needs to thrive.  

I received an Instant Pot for Christmas!  I am so excited to use it!  I use my crock pot all the time and it is my favorite gadget.  I usually put a bunch of chicken in there and use it for recipes all week long.  Now I can make recipes without having to wait hours.  I made Buffalo Chicken Soup last night and it was delicious.  I have a chicken to roast in it tomorrow.  I am amazed that in mins I will have a chicken cooked instead of hours in the oven.  

Thank you all for reading and cheering me on! I can't wait to see what 2019 brings as I continue on this journey!  Wishing you all an incredible New Year! 

Stats:
Weight Week 1 (10/8/18):       336.2
Weight Week 11 (12/24/18):   292.0
Weight Week 12 (12/31/18):   290.6
Total Lost: 45.6

Left: Sept 2018 and Right: 12/31/18

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you for being mindful and kind to your body. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweet friend! I am a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete