Thursday, November 29, 2018

I ate the turkey and won

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  

Mine started with a fabulous race weekend spent with many of my favorite people.  Route 66 was a brutally cold race but always fun when you have excellent company!  Half #59 was survived!  I then got to spend some wonderful days celebrating an early Thanksgiving and birthday with my Tulsa family!  I love getting to see them!  Thanksgiving was great and spent with the people I love dearly.  It was followed up with an amazing birthday with my besties seeing Aladdin and eating yummy food.  I am truly blessed to have the best people in my universe!!  

I am incredibly proud of the fact that I ate a little of the things I wanted and left feeling satisfied but not stuffed  I think this is the first Thanksgiving/birthday celebration that I didn't overindulge.  I enjoyed myself!  I even lost 2 pounds!  Those 2 pounds brought me to 30 in 7 weeks!  WHAT??? Apparently, my body wants all the weight off too!  I know that this entire journey won't be easy or go smoothly all the time but I am going to rejoice in this little victory!  

To celebrate this milestone (and my birthday) I bought a new dress or two.  Many of you know how much I love LuLaRoe clothes.  There is a dress in their collection that never fit.  The zipper would not even come close to going up in the biggest size available.  I used to look at them longingly and admire the cute silhouette AND the pockets.  I was thrilled to realize I could now zip one up!  Non-scale victories are the best!!  It was warm enough today to wear one. I walked around swinging my hands in those pockets all day.  Something about a skirt with pockets that turns you into a 5 year old girl! 




I am a little concerned for next week.  I came home from Tulsa starting to feel a bit off.  Between the cold and the perfume smell of the hotel room, I was super wheezy.  I spent all of Saturday enjoy the amazing weather and had the screen door open all day.  Then on Sunday I really felt bad with tons of congestion and coughing.  Last night I had a pretty bad asthma attack and started prednisone.  I won't be on it long enough to really cause any real issue but who knows how my body will respond to being sick.  

I took a photo at the 1-month mark and forgot to share it with all of you.  I'm not sure if I forgot or I was scared to show it to my friends.  I will take another one on Monday to document month 2.  I wanted to be able to see the difference since when I look in the mirror I don't actually notice the changes.  I failed at documenting with pictures or even weight updates the first time I went on this journey.  I want to document and celebrate all the small things this time around.  
Left: Taken in Philly end Sept 2018 and Right: Taken Nov 2018



Stats:
Weight Week 1 (10/8/18):  336.2
Weight Week 6 (11/19/18):  308
Weight Week 7 (11/26/18):  306
Total Lost: 30.2

No comments:

Post a Comment