Saturday, November 3, 2018

Settling into a new diet

Hi friends!  I am still here.  Life has been busy and I haven't had the chance to update.

Week 2 went really well.  In a week that is notorious for a lower weight loss, I actually did well with a 5.4 pound deficit.  I am trying to settle into this low carb lifestyle.  I am finding that I really don't miss the bread and potatoes.  I have been trying new foods, hello Brussel sprouts.   I made keto pancakes that actually turned out pretty tasty!  It gives me a nice break from eggs for breakfast.  I having been looking for new recipes and enjoying cooking again.  So if nothing else being on a weight loss journey has me cooking again.  

Week 3 was a different story.  I had my first half marathon since starting this diet to get ready for and not sure how less carbs would effect my performance.  I tried to up my daily count but that was harder than I thought.  Needless to say, I had horrible calf cramps during the race.  That is supposedly a side effect of low card dieting.  I hope my body adapts better before the next race.  Weigh-in on Monday was neither good or bad.  I guess between the race and other factors that a zero loss isn't too bad.

The current week has gone better.  I am finding that I am full longer and not as hungry most of the day.  Recovery from my race was better though.  I am hoping to be back on track with weight loss this week.

My next big goal to find my motivation to exercise.  Work keeps me busy and my love of sleep keeps me from waking up early.  I just need to force myself back to the gym and I know once I am in the habit that I will feel amazing.  I have had more energy thanks to this diet.  I just haven't turned that energy into a routine.  Baby steps.  I know it will happen again.

Weight Week 1 (10/15/18):  326.4
Weight Week 2 (10/22/18):  321.0
Weight Week 3 (10/29/18):  321.0      
Total Lost: 15.2


A couple pictures from The Good Life Halfsy in Lincoln, NE.  Half #58 and State #33
Jamie and I during our half last weekend! 

Our confetti finish for being the last finishers! 

2 comments: