Monday, November 12, 2018

Beware the holidays are coming

It has been 5 weeks since I decided my life needed some changes.  Whoa!!  Time is flying by and I still feel like I have barely scratched the surface of my journey.  I suppose that a month is a short time.  I actually worked out a couple days last week.  I know that doesn't sound like much but compared to doing nothing for weeks, walk a half marathon, repeat.  It was a huge improvement.  It felt good too.  I need my brain to keep realizing that it likes moving more than being a slug! 

My favorite half marathon of the year is this weekend!  Route 66 with so many friends will be an awesome time!  I can't wait to spend time with one of best friends next week either! 

I'm already dreading Thanksgiving and my Birthday next week.  All anyone can talk about is food.  I get it.  The entire holiday revolves around food.  It is after all, carbfest on steroids.  Potatoes, pies, bread, stuffing....oh my. 

But people...I'm not changing my diet for one day of binge eating and being miserable.  I was miserable.  Hence the need for change.  I am trying to retrain my brain that food isn't a reward or what every celebration revolves around. 

Sure I want to celebrate (bring on the wine).  Would I love to devour am entire cake on my birthday?  Hell yes.  But I won't!  Instead, I will go see Aladdin and enjoy lunch with my friends.  The key to that sentence is my friends not the food.  I want to spend time with my loved ones and push the food to the background. 

So yes, I will eat more turkey than the average human next week.  I may stare longing at the potatoes and rolls but I know that my journey is more important than consuming those things.

Thank you for all the kind words of support.  It thrills me that y'all are in my corner!  This isn't a solo journey.  You all keep me moving forward.  And hey, I'm down 24.8 pounds!  So there is much to cheer! 

Happy Thanksgiving!  (I seem to be on a 2 week update cycle, LOL)

Weight Week 1 (10/15/18):  326.4
Weight Week 4 (11/5/18):    313.2
Weight Week 5 (11/12/18):  311.4
Total Lost: 24.8

1 comment: