Thursday, April 18, 2019

Sorry for the delay

I promise that I haven't abandoned my blog.  Life has been busy! March kicked off a super busy race season.  I am having a blast running all over the place with so many of my amazing friends.  I have 13 states left and hit half #63 last weekend! I'm not as crazy as some and it is going to take me a solid 10 years to reach every state but there is a goal insight. Right now, I am having fun and enjoying this journey.  

All this fun has caused me to be on the diet struggle bus.  I have been trying to make good choices but sometimes the tasty food wins out.  My weight loss has stalled a bit the last couple of months.  I keep losing/gaining the same 6 pounds. I am not too worried about it as I am still done 65 lbs.  I will eventually right the ship and get all systems back on track. I know you can't out run a bad diet and I really am trying to stick to the proper foods.  It is just hard sometimes.  

Instead of focusing all my energy on my diet, I am focusing more on increasing my activity.  I am getting back to running intervals.  Walking has been much easier on my joints but now that I am lugging less weight around I want to add running back into the mix. I am up to 4 miles with intervals of 0:45/1:00. Slow and steady! It is amazing how training actually effects your overall performance.  My half times are slowly getting better! I suppose the weight loss helps there too! 

I also started attending classes at Orangetheory Fitness.  I am great with going to the gym for cardio but I ignore all the weights.  I know what to do.  Kate trained me well over the years but I just didn't want to do it.  So insert OTF.  I am trying to do 2 times a week and loving it so far.  I like the mix of activities and the encouragement to keep pushing yourself.  I am hoping it too helps me be stronger during races! 

I am still a work in progress.  Life sometimes interferes.  But each and every day I am out there pushing to be better.  I will do my best to keep updating the blog.  I know many of you enjoy reading it.  

Off to Revel Mt. Charleston next weekend. A bit worried about the downhill but excited to see many friends!       

1 comment:

  1. WOw! 65 prounds is AMaZinG! So inspiring! I enjoy weight training with a personal trainer I also agree with you on challenging myself daily...Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete