Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 3: The art of saying no

Challenge Week 3

Food or the image of food is everywhere.  It isn't easy sticking to your guns.  It is especially hard when you are on a diet.  Suddenly, the whole world is eating pizza and sweets.  Every.  Single.  Day.  I just glance at them and my metabolism slows to a crawl.  

Then there are the enablers out there.  Your mom, friends, etc.  It just means having more willpower on my part.  Learning to say no to these enablers is really hard.  Of course, I want whatever yummy treat you are offering but I don't need that yummy treat!  

So far my willpower is holding out and I know that one day I will say yes to the yummy treat.  I just need to remember that saying yes once in awhile isn't the end of the world.  I chose to have Chick-fil-a over the weekend.  I weighed my choices and ended up getting what I wanted rather than something that wouldn't have hit the spot.  That craving was satisfied and I can move on.  After the first week of wanting to eat every morsel of food in sight, I don't feel that excruciating hunger anymore.    

The hardest part of weight loss is the food choices but deprivation isn't going to work either.  The goal is to find that happy medium.  I know this is something I am going to work at each day.   

This week was a great success for me.  I lost 5 lbs.  New weight of 261.2    

Here is to the trials of next week! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment