Sunday, January 16, 2011

Recipe--Turkey Manicotti

I am a little behind putting up some recipe reviews.  I also need to be so much better with taking pictures.  I just don't think about it when there is food in front of me!  However, I think in the case of this recipe everyone knows what Manicotti looks like.  :)
 
Turkey Manicotti (from Taste of Home)
1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
14 manicotti shells, cooked and drained
1 jar spaghetti sauce

Note: I had some ricotta left over and I added it into the turkey mixture.

In a skillet, cook the turkey, onion, garlic, salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.  Stir in cheeses and mix well.  Spoon into manicotti shells.  Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a greased 13 X 9 baking dish.  Arrange sauce over the sauce; top with the remaining sauce.  Cover and bake at 350 for 25-30 min or until heated through.  Serves: 6-8

Verdict:  I really liked it and ate it for lunch everyday!  The hardest part was stuffing the shells.  I've never made manicotti at home until now!  I can only get better at it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment