Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chicken breasts stuffed with ricotta and goat cheese

Dinner from Thursday night.  I didn't take a picture and apologize up front!  

Stuffed Chicken Breasts (adapted from American Heart Association)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast  (I bought the thin sliced breast)
7 oz FF or reduced-fat Ricotta cheese
2 oz soft goat cheese (I used the one with chives on it and skipped buying the chives)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried
1 Tbsp fresh chives or chopped green onion
Tomato sauce (there was an included recipe but I already had the ragu on hand)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray a casserole dish with spray.  In a small bowl mix all the stuffing ingredients.

If you didn't purchase thin sliced breasts, you will need to pound them thinner.  Place between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound out to a 1/4 inch thickness.  Note: mine were thicker and turned out well! 

Spoon a quarter of the stuffing mixture down the center of each breast.  Starting at the short end, roll up the breast jelly-roll style.  Place the breast in the prepared casserole dish with the seam side down.  Spoon sauce over the breasts.

Bake, covered for 40 to 45 mins or until chicken is no longer pink. 
236 cal, 5.5 fat, 81 chol, 7 carbs, 36 protein (sodium will vary with sauce used)

Verdict:  It was good and had good flavor.  I think I may need to play with the recipe and make some changes to it.  It is low cal and fat conscious.   

2 comments:

  1. My husband loves goat cheese so I may need to try this one the teen heads off to college next year. He won't eat cheese on anything but pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine not eating cheese. I would put it on everything if I could! LOL Probably one reason I'm fat!

    ReplyDelete