Sunday, September 5, 2021

A Year in the Life

Oh hey there...

It has been a year since I last updated and no progress was made. Okay, that isn't fair. There was some decent progress but being the saboteur of my own destiny, I ensured that I would fail. Eating crap and getting loads of take out are not conducive to weight loss. Well not when you pick all the comfort foods. I exercised only when I felt like it. So practically never. I basically laughed in my own face and said why bother losing weight. It takes work and a commitment. I didn't want to commit. That was clearly the answer. After all, the past year and a half taught us that slug life was truly okay. I was really good at being a slug. A fat, depressed, anxious, sometimes happy slug.     

But...

I can't control the past.  I can only move forward.  

I saw my PCP a couple weeks ago. My physical went okay and my BP was better than normal. I did my lab work this past Friday. I saw the results in MyChart. I work in medicine and know enough to worry about some of the results. My doctor called me Saturday afternoon to discuss them. Yep, a Saturday. He knew I would stew about them and also he wanted to stress his concern. The take home message is they can be redirected with lifestyle changes. None of them are at the point that medicine should be started but I have to commit to fixing this now or that is the road I am heading down. I don't want to take more medication. I take enough already. I have a familial history that reads like a heart and vascular novel, so avoiding my genetic future as long as possible, has always been my goal. I just lost sight of it. 

Again...

I can't control the past.  I can only move forward.  

I wrote out a workout plan for the month. Time to put that Peloton to the test. I am focusing on eating better but that is going to take time. I can't break all the bad habits at once. One step at a time or I guess one pedal turn at time. 

Getting older is hard work. It take a commitment. 

Starting weight: 311 (9/4/21) 

PS: Still in racing retirement but maybe that will be a goal to work toward. 

1 comment: