Tuesday, January 22, 2019

What in the world do you eat?

Happy New Year! 

2019 has been off to a busy start.  Therefore, I am a little behind updating the blog.  I hope this new year is treating all of you well.  

I completed lifetime half #60 and state #34 on January 13th at the Mobile Marathon.  I was super proud to have cut some time off from prior races.  I guess losing some weight does indeed help speed!  No races on tap until March, so I will have time to work on my pace and perhaps make more progress before the next race.  

This week brought me to a total of 54 pounds lost.  I can't believe the changes that have occurred in the past 15 weeks.  I made some questionable choices while traveling but you have to live life! I regret nothing!  I am back on track and spent this past weekend meal prepping.  This  brings me to the topic for this update.  What do I eat?

I have been asked a few times what my meals are like.  I am going to try and share an average week.  Keep in mind that I am incredibly boring and eat a ton of leftovers.  I don't mind the repetition but realize others may not love leftovers.  

On the weekends, I try to prep the foods that will get me through the week.  So I'll cook a bunch of chicken (pretty much the only protein I eat) and cute veggies for use in recipes for the week.  I figure out what days I will convert these ingredients into meals.  

I plan my meals to keep me in a range of 50-70 grams of carbs per day.  I also eat when I am hungry and not because it is a meal time.  I seem to make a bunch of casseroles.  They are cheap and easy to parse out into servings.  A big plus, most of them are easy to throw together on a work night. 

Breakfast:  2-3 scrambled eggs, turkey sausage crumbles/bacon, some days cheese and some days I add half a slice of 90-second bread. Sometimes Keto waffles (I make several batches and freeze them) .  This weekend I made an egg sandwich with turkey sausage patty, cheese and 90-second bread (it is as close to bread and I get)

Lunch:  Leftovers 

Snack:  I don't always eat one.  It depends on my hunger.  Usually, a cheese stick and some almonds.  Pork rinds if I need something crunchy.  

Dinner:  Protein, fat and veggies (in various forms).  Recent examples: Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole (cauliflower, ham, cheese and chicken).  Tonight: Taco skillet (ground turkey, black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, spaghetti squash, spinach and cheese).  A favorite dish that I make often is Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole (chicken, cauliflower rice, broccoli and cheese). Sometimes I have fish and brussel sprouts or spinach.  I often add cauliflower rice to bulk recipes.  I usually add a salad.  

Recent finds that I love are the various riced veggies from Green Giant.  They have beets, sweet potato/cauliflower mix, squash, etc. To help the pasta fix, I use zoodles or spaghetti squash. There are also veggie pastas that are pretty yummy (although fairly high in carbs but still better than real pasta). 

I hope this helps a little.  The goal is to bulk up the veggies!  I am happy to pass along recipes.  Most are pinned on Pinterest (follow me).  Make the foods you love but figure out how to make them healthier.  

Cheers to a healthy and happy 2019!! 

Stats:
Weight Week 1 (10/8/18):       336.2
Weight Week 13 (1/7/19):       289.2
Weight Week 14 (1/14/19):     288.8
Weight Week 15 (1/21/19):     282.2
Total Lost: 54

2 comments: