Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sometimes we all need a little funny

I have to start this post with a caveat.  I promised my momma that I wouldn't blog about her.  I am about to break this promise for a one time only event!  :)

My mom was having a car issue and didn't want to drive in this heat to our dealer.  It is 100 degrees outside and a 45 min drive.  I totally understand.  We have a Jeep dealer right down the street.  She called me to look up their phone number.  My mother is computer phobic but loves to have me look things up for her!  I looked up the service number and read it to her, 1-888-etc.  She heard 1-8-ect.  So she dials and the nice recorded messages says that number can't be completed as dialed.  She calls me back and says what kind of stupid number did you give me.  I tell her it is a toll-free number like 1-800 only they've run out of 800s.  The light bulb goes on and she's like that was three 8s not one!!  God love lil old ladies!!  :)  We all needed a little chuckle today, right?

In other news, I am exhausted.  I feel like I've been going non-stop for days.  Tonight after training with Ms. All-star,  I am headed to bed.  I may eat dinner on the way upstairs, lol! I went swimming last night because I am pretty sure I would have fallen off the treadmill.  In hindsight, water probably wasn't a good idea with the whole chance of drowning thing.  :) I love the water and it always makes me feel better.  Plus it gives the knees a break!  Speaking of knees, my recent injury is feeling much better and not causing as much pain.  I can go down stairs almost pain free!!  Running didn't bother it either but the brace may have helped that situation!!  I'll take it though! 

I feel like I am soooo behind on blogging.  I am trying to keep up with my own and all of yours. I may need the weekend to officially catch up but I will.  So keep putting out those awesome inspirational post and I'll keep reading!  I have all these notes to myself about topics to blog about and I was worried I would run out of things to say.  Those of you who know me in person are laughing that I would be at a loss for words!   More soon....

4 comments:

  1. LOL Mom's are great!!! I am sure I give my kids moments like that - just can't help it! Way to go on pushing through!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that your knee is feeling better!! Don't over do it!! ;)
    I hope you never run out of words!! Your blog is an inspiration to many ! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are too many awesome blogs out there, it's so hard to keep up! You my dear are such a rock star with working out and your training!! I'm so proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    @Joy: My mom always gives me great moments, which is pretty much why I've been banned from discussing her! ;)

    @Lucy: I am trying not to over do it or I'll be visiting my fave doc again! Thanks for reading and for being so sweet!

    @Kyoko: It is so tough! I try to rock it out. Some days are way easier than others. I am super proud of your lunchtime walks! That is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete