Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good Year Blimp ahead...

Yesterday was a struggle.  My head is congested, my body is bloated (thanks to my monthly friend), and I was still tired from my lack of Sunday night sleep.  I don't really know what brought on all the head swelling but my bet is allergies.  I went home to saline rinse and nose spray the hell out of it.  I needed to be able to breathe while at the gym.  It is usually a good thing.  I had really wanted to swim but that was out.  I couldn't breathe as it was and I was pretty sure chlorinated water would make it worse or at least more difficult.  So to the treadmill I went.  Part of me was like just use the elliptical but I really, really don't like them.  I ran for all of 30 mins and it was a struggle.  A struggle to breathe, a struggle to get the lead out of my legs, and a struggle to stay upright.  I was ready to throw in the towel at 10 min.  But I made it! I even walked for 15 min because I was struggling to get my steps in for the day.  Sure it sucked but I did it and I am really glad!  For the first time, I may actually understand why people exercise.  It did make me feel better.  Normally, it doesn't.  I don't feel the endorphin rush that everyone raves about.  I usually just feel tired with a side of accomplishment!    

Today is better.  My head is less congested thanks to loads of medicine.  My legs still feel like lead but that could be an aftermath from all the squats on Monday!  :)  I'm psyching myself up for whatever Ms. AS brings to the mat. And in the words of Joey Mac, "Let's get this"! 

4 comments:

  1. Way to go - you did not feel well, but did it anyway. I am totally sitting here, reading blogs, when I should be exercising...I don't want to go to the gym....But you have inspired me to get going. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely all have days where the gym is the last place we want to be. But in the long run it's the best place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are amzing for even exercising when congested. I have done that before and it is hard work but great that you are dedicated. I also can not stand the elliptical. I am more of a treadmill fan. Myabe its cos I am a bit unco with the elliptical liek it just feels wrong. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali- I tried the elliptical again last night and was bored with it in 5 min, LOL!! I ran back to my treadmill and told it I was sorry for cheating!

    ReplyDelete