Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 5: Derailment

We completed week 5 of our WL Challenge!  It seems we all got a little derailed this week but we keep on adapting and trying to make it work!  (I picture Tim Gunn saying this in a Bob Harper way, lol)

I haven't really exercised since last Wed.  I went to group on Monday but was only sort of there and I was late to boot.  No running (not the best strategy with a 10k/Half combo coming up).  However, I still watched what I ate and recorded everything.  I lost 2.6 pounds for a total of 22.2 in 5 weeks!  I will take it and run!  :) I haven't really noticed a difference in my body.  Probably, because the only part loosing weight is my boobs!   Hey, I am back in the 250s and that is an accomplishment! 

I spent a big portion of the week PMSing and I assume that was a reason for my lack of motivation to exercise.  I usually get really, really tired.  I hate it.  Now to make sure I don't binge on salty foods and chocolate!  

We may have set backs.  We may find ourselves derailed.  But we still fight to regain our health.  Each pound is a step toward a better self.  I want to avoid the health problems of my mom and grandparents.  I want to be a healthier, stronger version of myself.  I hope this is something that the winner of last night's Biggest Loser finds for herself.  I love the show but hate how the contestants are forced to lose more and more weight in order to win money.  At what point, is it okay to be happy with yourself and not worry about a prize? 

I've never really had a desire to go below 200 pounds.  Okay, maybe 199!  I think I would feel out of proportion!  And if that takes me forever to obtain, then so be it!  Right now I am happy to take it one pound at a time!  

The plan this week is to get back on track with the workouts.  I really need to get a run in.  I am so sick of the treadmill.  When is Spring?  

14 days until we leave for Disney and the Princess weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment