Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 5 - Long Run

I got up at 6:30am to run on Saturday morning thinking I could beat some of this insane heat.  Boy was I way off.  It was already like 90 degrees with 300% humidity.  I can't change the weather (believe me I've tried) so I set off armed with my new water bottle, inhaler and the least amount of clothing I could find in my exercise wardrobe!  The goal for today was to survive my first ever 90 minute run.  It went really well and I didn't die! I was completely drenched in sweat and could literally wring out my shorts.  I have never sweated that much in my life.  I couldn't find a dry spot on my clothes to wipe the sweat out of my eyes.  It was gross.   Tomorrow, I'll remember the towels!!  It felt great to accomplish 8.26 miles.  I am slowly becoming a real runner. 

My hip is doing well and holding up way better than I ever expected.  Hopefully, it holds together and doesn't get any bright ideas about ceding from the union!  Now the shoulder may be asked to leave the island but that is an entirely different issue and completely not running related.     

1 comment:

  1. Oh 90 degree weather....only a dream for us. we've barely been in the 80's. It's been so cold this year. I know, I should not be whining!

    Stay focused!!!

    ReplyDelete