Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MIA from Blogland

Wow, so I have been missing in action for a couple of weeks.  Although I don't always leave a comment, please know that I am keeping up with your lives!  I try to read updates every few days.  I just haven't felt like posting.  Nothing truly exceptional has been going on and it is really hard to blog about trivial everyday matters.  Life has been going along status quo and really busy! 

I did indeed make it to Florida for the work meeting.  It was a short trip but really helped to rejuvenate the soul.  My coworker and I managed to run outside both nights.  It was wonderful to be outside running again.  The treadmill just doesn't cut it.  But when you can't run in the cold, nasty weather you learn to live with it.  However, it made the first gym run really difficult!  I wish I could say that I watched what I ate and was sensible at the meeting.  I was to an extent but the desserts and wine did me in.  Ugh, but I rationalize by knowing that I never eat like this at home and sometimes a little splurge is a good thing.  Maybe that is more denial than rational....

So besides the not blogging, I have been doing really well on my new year's resolutions.  I am going to bed earlier and getting to work at a more reasonable time.  I am trying to track my food and most days are a success.  I find when I have to figure out a recipes nutritional information that I get really lazy.  That is always when I drop the ball.  I can't let that deter me and need to just do it.  I try to find recipes that already calculate the NI but sometimes a girl just wants to make something from all these wonderful blogs or a site that doesn't figure out the NI ahead of time.  I need to stop being lazy about it.  

I have hit a plateau again on the weight loss but I am still losing inches.  I guess my body is redistributing the weight.  I am hoping into muscle!  I did buy size 12 capris for my vacation in a couple weeks.  They are a little snug but I am not worried because they feel so much better than the looser 14s.  I don't think I have ever worn a size 12.  Maybe in like the 4th grade....maybe.  I guess this is one of those time that the NSV is supposed to keep my spirits up but I am discouraged by the plateau.  I need to really watch what I'm eating because truthfully that is where the problem lies.  I can't give anymore physically and I am pretty sure that the gym peeps think I live there.  But knowing what I need to do and doing it are two completely different things.  It is always easier to watch the food going into my mouth than to take stock of what makes up that food.  Obviously, I still have food issues and no matter what I've managed to overcome they are still deeply rooted.  One day at a time and I will win the battle with my body!        
   

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the size 12's. Can't wait to get there!! Take care of yourself!!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete