Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dopey Challenge 2015 - Home for Our Troops

Two blog post in one night!  WOW! 

I have be kicking around the idea of doing the Dopey Challenge at Disney in January.  It is a true test of endurance or mental stability (depends on how you view runners)!  It is a 4 day challenge consisting of a 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Marathon.  The last one scares the crap out of me.  

I had this plan to run a 17 miler and then decide about registering when it opens April 22. Then Disney announced the prices and that got people excited.  People started posting about running for charities.  I had never given that much thought but it sounded like fun.  If I'm going to run my first marathon shouldn't I do it for someone else!  

Someone posted a link to a charity called Home for Our Troops. I did some research and read all about them.  I really like the organization.  It provides homes (think Habitat for Humanity) for injured veterans.  They build houses that give these soldiers their freedom of mobility back.  I can't wait to help someone that has given of themselves to protect and serve our country! 

What I liked most was that I only need to raise $500.  So I took the plunge and registered! The beauty of being on a charity team is that I have a guaranteed registration to the Dopey Challenge.  Now all I have to focus on is training and raising money!   

I hope that over the next 10 months many of my friends will help support me and this wonderful charity. The link is below! 

Brigitte's Dopey Challenge Fundraising Page  

Thanks in advance!  

No comments:

Post a Comment