Sunday, June 24, 2012

It is time to REFOCUS!

I know that I shouldn't be hard on myself about being injured and not being able to live up to my potential but I am still disappointed.... 

It's been a difficult 3 months. 

It's been an epic FAIL.

But it's over.  I've recovered.  I need to move on.  And move on I shall.  

The ankle, the knee and the back are all feeling better.  Perhaps not 100% but definitely back on track.  I started running again and training for my next half in Kauai, Hawaii!  

I've slacked on the diet like a fat kid that loves cupcakes!  I've gained weight.  It's not pretty being in this body right now.  It is especially difficult to run.  I hate it.  My pace time is crap.  My breathing is crap.  My knees are crap.  

So I am refocusing on making myself better.  My diet is never going to be perfect.  I don't like fruits and veggies much.  But I know what I need to do to lose the weight.  I just have to focus and stop letting all the nagging thoughts in my head win.  This week I am focusing on writing my food in my journal.  Next week I'll worry about what food I am actually putting into my mouth. 

I am back to tracking my steps, my workouts and being accountable.  I am also making a re-acquaintance with my blog.  When I physically and mentally checked out on my weight loss journey, I also checked out on my ability to care about myself.  When you don't care you really shouldn't be trying to share with others.  So I am happy to be back to sharing my successes and failures.  

On the positive side, my training is going well.  I ran my first 5.5 miles since March!  It felt flipping fantastic!  I was pumped at the end.  

One day at a time.  One step at a time.   

Here is the menu for this week:
Sunday:  Grilled Pork Chops
Monday:  Tortilla Soup (crock)
Tuesday: Bourbon Chicken
Wednesday: LO
Thursday: Fish 
Friday: Nephew Tan's birthday party so I'm having CAKE!
Saturday: LO

I'll try to post every Sunday and when needed in between!  I am so glad to be back writing my blog.  A girl forgets how therapeutic it can be!  

No comments:

Post a Comment