Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Falling apart piece by piece

I think my body is trying to tell me something.  And it isn't how incredibly hot I am.  

First my right hip was giving me some problems and it was just starting to feel better.  So being the smarty pants that I am I decided to test it out and ran (hard) on Saturday night.   That was a very bad idea and I felt something give.  I went to the Chiro and it's a hip flexor issue.  So I am trying to baby it and not run for now.  BUT I have a 10k next weekend that I would like to run some of and a 5k the weekend after that.  Now is not a good time to have injuries.  Yes, you read that right.  I think because my hip was throwing off my stride, I ended up with a shin splint on the right side.  I hate those more than the hip injury because shin splints hurt like a mutha focker!  Ice and Advil are my two best friends right now.  

I'm not letting this stop me.  There are still plenty of things that I can do and having to hold off on running for a few days won't kill me.  Plus, in one week I will be in warm, sunny Florida watching my STL Cardinals in Spring Training and all these injuries can bake in the sun.  It will truly be therapeutic.

Now if you excuse me, I am sure I have something to ice!   :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I hope you feel better before all your upcoming races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your fingers crossed. I probably won't run much as the shin splint is really killing me but we'll see! I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete