Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Skinny Rules

This heat is rough. It's hot inside and out! At least I'm cleaning out the pores with all this sweating! 

I've done a good job of writing down everything I've eaten. Now I'm focusing on eating better. Bought tons of fresh fruit and veggies and I promise to actually try to eat them. It's not something that comes easy to me. It will make for a fun new challenge. 

Running is coming along. I am tired of lugging around an extra 40 pounds. So if nothing else keeps me motivated the pain in my knees will! Long run today produced a 10k! It wasn't fast, it wasn't pretty but I did it in 80 degree weather. That was 6am! I even did 2 miles of hills in the beginning! Go me! 

I started reading Trainer Bob's new book, "Skinny Rules". It's not really teaching a seasoned dieter anything new but I think it's presenting the ideas in a way that can be better followed and thus reinforcing what we all already know. I've only made it through about 5 of the rules and trying to incorporate each into my plan. Simple changes like how to better keep hydrated and add more water or include protein at every meal to stay full longer are fairly easy. Like I said nothing new. But sometimes we forget the basics. I know I need plenty of water but do I actually do it? Well no. Can I remember to drink a full glass before each meal? Well sure. That seems easy. So now I am trying to continuously fill my glass in addition. Small steps that can make huge changes. 

Here is the menu for this week: 
Sunday:  Buffalo Chicken Mac-n-Cheese 
Monday:  LO 
Tuesday: Chicken Veggie Skewers 
Wednesday: Brats and corn on the cob 
Thursday: Fish  
Friday: Hannibal for the Hannibal Cannibal 
Saturday: Baseball game = those damn pulled pork nachos :)

 I know, I know Mac-n-cheese really? I said I was easing back! I was actually pretty good and split my serving in two so it felt like more! I'll share the nachos...maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment