Monday, March 19, 2012

Meal Planning Week of March 18, 2012

I type this post with a heavy heart but I wanted, NEED, some semblance of normalcy.
  
It's been a very traumatic weekend. One of the kids from our church youth group committed suicide.  It has been very difficult coming to terms with this tragedy.  I am not sure I am there yet or if I ever will.  He was only 20 years old with an incredible life left to live.  He was a wonderful, sweet and loving kid.  He was an Eagle Scout.  He always gave me hugs even if it wasn't such a cool thing to do!  He got me hooked on Sour Patch Kids.  He tried to teach me how to play various card games and laughed at my inability to catch on.  The thing I will remember the most about Brad was his ability to draw you into his world and then you couldn't help but love him back.  I am sad that I won't get another hug or see his goofy face.  But my heart breaks for the family he leaves behind who loves him more than anything on earth.  In all this grief and pain, I hope we can find comfort in knowing we have an amazing guardian angel watching over us.  Please take a moment of pray for his family.  They are going to need it.  I love you, Bradley! 

The rest of this post seems trivial but nonetheless I feel I should post about it to keep from completely losing a grip on my normal life. I ended up changing the breaded pork cutlets to grilled pork burgers because of the incredible weather!  :)  They were still delish!  I can't believe how fabulous the weather has been for March.  I actually got a sunburn during St. Patrick Day activities.  

I ended up walking the 5 mile St. Paddy's Day Run.  It killed me not to take off and run.  I tested the ankle on Thurs night and managed 1.5 miles but it was barking.  It is getting there but not quite strong enough to push it.  However, walking with some of my gym girls was way more fun.  An experience I wouldn't change for the world!  I love you, Jan and Patty! 

Here is the menu for this week:  Shout out to Pinterest for two recipes! 
Monday:  Citrus & Salsa Pork Loin
Wednesday: LO
Thursday: Fish
Friday: LO
Saturday: LO

Feel free to ask for recipes! Until next time....  

No comments:

Post a Comment